What is a Blue Urpi and
who is behind it?
Blue Urpi’s name is comprised of two special words: Blue and Urpi.
The color blue is associated with inner peace, calm, and optimism. Being the same color as the ocean and the sky, it is universal. The word urpi (oor-peeh) is from the Quechua, one of the official indigenous languages of Peru. Urpi means “paloma” in Spanish or “pigeon” in English. Pigeons have been used for centuries as trusted messengers.
This is what we strive to provide our clients: carry their message clearly and timely in a calm and relaxed manner.
Gloria with her fellow translators and interpreters on audio and video
- Proteus, NAJIT’s Newsletter: Coronavirus for Translators and Interpreters, Issue: 2020 Summer Volume XXXIII Issue No 2
- Intercambios, ATA Spanish Division’s Newsletter: La cultura hispana para cirujanos ortopédicos, Volume 20, Issue 2, Summer 2016
- Caduceus – Summer 2006: My hemo-what?
- Her Blue Urpi blog! https://blueurpi.com/blog/
- American Translators Association (ATA). October, 15, 2022. From A1c to ZN: Medical Acronyms for Translators and Interpreters.
- Colorado Translators Association (CTA). May 14, 2022. Mental Gymnastics for Translators & Interpreters
- Israel Translators Association (ITA). Feb 21, 2022. My Favorite Medical Resources.
- Nebraska Association for Translators and Interpreters (NATI). September 10-11, 2021. Keynote Speaker.
- Mid-America Chapter of the American Translators Association (MICATA), KS. March 27, 2020
- Chicago Area Translators and Interpreters Association (CHICATA), Interpreters Institute 2019, Chicago, November 16-17, 2019
- CHIA (California Healthcare Interpreting Association), Los Angeles, CA. March 2018. Recipient of the CHIA’s 2018 Trainer of the Year Award.
- Arizona Translators and Interpreters (ATI), Phoenix, AZ. October 2017
- Universidad Internacional Menendez Pelayo, Santander, Spain. August 21-25, 2017. “Problemas, métodos y cuestiones candentes en traducción médica” with Dr. Fernando Navarro
- Iowa Interpreters & Translators Association (IITA), Des Moines, IA. June 2017. Keynote Speaker
- International Medical Interpreter’s Association (IMIA), Houston, TX. May 2017
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT), VA. May 2017
- Intl. Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters (IAPTI), Buenos Aires, Argentina. April 2017
- American Translator’s Association (ATA), San Francisco, CA. November 2016
- California Federation of Interpreters (CFI), Los Angeles, CA. October 2016
- Arizona Translators and Interpreters (ATI), Phoenix, AZ. October 2016
- Language Link Symposium, New Haven, CT. January 2016
- Peruvian Translators Association (CTP), Lima, Peru. August 2015
- Universidad Femenina del Sagrado Corazón, UNIFE, Lima, Peru. August 2015
- American Translator’s Association (ATA), Chicago, IL, November 5-8, 2014: The English/Spanish Medical Record and Physical Exam Demystified