FAQs about our Webinars
1. Does Blue Urpi webinars offer CEUs (Continuing Education Units)?
Yes, Blue Urpi paid webinars offer CEUs for CHI (CCHI/CEAP), CMI (NBCMI/IMIA), and DSHS (WA State Department of Health and Social Services). We have live or instructor-led and recorded or non-instructor-led webinars for court and medical interpreters.
We offer the following CEUs:
– ATA CEUs: The American Translator’s Association (ATA) grants one (1) ATA CEU for one (1) hour of training. Also, one (1) ATA CEU is accepted as one (1) CHI CEU the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI). CCHI is the entity that issues the CHI credential (Certified Healthcare Interpreter).
– CHI CEUs: CCHI is the entity that issues the CHI credential (Certified Healthcare Interpreter). The Continuing Education Accreditation Program (CEAP) is the entity created by CCHI to assess, analyze, and accredit continuing education programs for CCHI. CEAP grants one (1) CHI CEU for one (1) hour of training.
– CMI CEUs: The National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI) is the entity that issues the CMI credential (Certified Medical Interpreter). The International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA) is the entity that assesses, analyzes, and accredits continuing education programs for the NBCMI. IMIA grants 0.1 CMI CEU for one (1) hour of training.
– DSHS CEUs: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) is the entity that assesses, analyzes, and accredits continuing education classes. DSHS grants one (1) CMI CEU for one (1) hour of training. DSHS CEUs are valid for medical interpreters, social services interpreters, and translators certified by the DSHS.
For more information visit: CCHI website, The National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters website, or DSHS List of Approved Continued Education Activities.
2. I purchased a Blue Urpi webinar. What happens next?
You should receive an email confirmation within 24-48 hours of your purchase.
For Live or Instructor-Led Webinars: In this email you will find your personal link to the webinar and registration information. If you are not familiar with GoToWebinar or have not taken a webinar before, you will find useful information there.
For Recorded or Non-Instructor-Led Webinars: In this email you will find your personal link to the webinar site. There, you will find the webinar recording, material used in class, and the webinar test with instructions.
If you do not receive this email, please check your junk email folder. If the email is not there, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. I have not received an email confirmation yet. What should I do?
If your payment went through and you have not received an email confirmation within 24-48 hours of your purchase, please check your junk mail folder. If the email is not there, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Live or Instructor-Led Webinars: Make sure to have your personal link 24 hours before the date and time of the webinar. Blue Urpi is not liable if contacted within 24 hours before the webinar and/or if attendee cannot join the session. No refunds will be issued if student cannot join the webinar on time.
For Recorded or Non-Instructor-Led Webinars: Your webinar will be available for 7 days from the date you receive the link to the webinar site. If you do not receive a link, please contact us at email@example.com
4. This is my first webinar. What are the system requirements and general recommendations?
We recommend making sure your computer/laptop meets our teaching platform’s requirements (we use GoToWebinar) before the webinar date. You can do so by clicking here.
Log on at least 15 minutes before the webinar. In this way, we can make sure you are in and ready to participate.
5. How late can I register on the same day of the webinar?
In case you didn’t know, our Early Urpi (our early bird) ends 48 hours before the date and time of the webinar and you don’t want to miss it!
Late registration may be accepted on the same day if space is available. You may register on the same day of the webinar, however, we encourage you to register at least 24 hours before our webinar. This way, you will receive the login information before the class and you will be able to join the session on time.
People who pay within 24 hours of the start time and who may not be able to join the webinar will receive the webinar recording and material used in class. Blue Urpi will not issue a refund if the attendee cannot join the session.
6. The time of the webinar is PST or PDT. What does it mean?
PST means Pacific Standard Time; it is the time on the West Coast of the United States. PDT means Pacific Daylight Time; it is the time on the West Coast of the United States during Daylight Saving Time. To find out your local time visit here: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com
7. I need to cancel my registration for a paid webinar. Can I get a refund?
For Live or Instructor-Led Webinars: We issue refunds until 24 hours before a live webinar. After 24 hours, we can issue credit for a future webinar for the same amount you paid.
For Recorded or Non Instructor-Led Webinars: All sales are final.
8. I can’t find the link to join the webinar. Can I use someone else’s link? Can two or more people watch the *live* webinar on one computer and get a Certificate of Attendance and Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Unfortunately, the teaching platform used issues a personalized link for each student. This is the way student’s attendance is tracked and certificates of attendance/completion are issued. If two students use the same link, only the attendance of the owner of the link will be recorded in the report that the platform issues after class. Students who share a link to join the webinar will NOT receive a Certificate of Completion.
9. I have an iPad. Can I watch the webinar on it?
Yes, you can. Unfortunately, when using an iPad you will not be able to use the teaching platform’s “chat window” and will not be able to ask questions and interact with the instructor.
10. I attended the Live or Non-Instructor-Led Webinar and I have not received a Certificate of Attendance and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) yet. When will I receive it?
Certificates of Attendance are issued for paid webinars only (live or recorded). If you attended a paid webinar you will receive it via e-mail within 1-2 days.
11. I was not able to attend the entire webinar. Will I receive a Certificate of Attendance and Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
In order to issue a Certificate of Attendance and Continuing Education Units (CEUs), the entities that issued the CEUs require participants to comply with the following requirements:
*For Live or Instructor-Led Webinars*
– Sign in to the webinar 15 minutes before the starting time.
– Remain for the entire duration of the webinar.
– The student is considered to be in attendance at the webinar when he/she views the presentation and listens to it. Over the phone attendance does not constitute as full attendance.
*For Recorded or Non-Instructor-Led Webinars*
– Watch the entire webinar recording
– Take the test (available with instructions on the test website)
– Score over 75% on the webinar test
Unfortunately, if you do not comply with these requirements, we will not be able to issue a Certificate of Attendance/Completion and you will not be able to receive the CEUs.
Blue Urpi will not issue any refunds if a student arrives late (over 15 minutes late to a live or instructor-led webinar) or scores less than 75% (recorded webinars). Please plan accordingly.
12. I watched the Recorded or Non-Instructor-Led Webinar. How do I receive a Certificate of Attendance and Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
In order to issue a Certificate of Attendance and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) students have to watch the webinar recording and take a test. The passing grade for this test is 75% and above.
The test shall be filled out and returned before the expiration date of the site. Tests received after this deadline will not be graded and the student will not receive a Certificate of Attendance/Completion.
If a student passes, he or she will receive a Certificate of Attendance and Continuing Education Units (CEUs). If the student does not pass, he or she will be informed via email. If the student would like to take a second test, he or she shall pay $45 for Blue Urpi to design a new test and grade it. Designing training material is a time-consuming process and at Blue Urpi we treat this issue in a professional manner.
13. I attended a Live or Instructor-Led Webinar and I was informed there is a recording. How can I access it?
Our live or instructor-led webinars are usually recorded and attendees will receive a link to the recording within 24 hours. Free webinars are available for 72 hours. Paid webinars are available for 7 days. Please plan accordingly.
If you need any information don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.